Aidone is a municipality located in the province of Enna, in Sicily, southern Italy. The town is situated on a hill in the valley of the river Salamone, at an elevation of 740 metres (2,428 ft) above sea level. As of 2017, its population was of 5,780.
Top 5 places to visit near Aidone
1. The Valley of the Temples is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Sicily. The temples, which were built between the 7th and 5th centuries BC, are some of the best-preserved Greek temples in the world.
2. The town of Aidone is home to the famous Villa Romana del Casale, which is a UNESCO World Heritage site. The villa, which was built in the 4th century AD, is one of the best-preserved Roman villas in the world.
3. The city of Syracuse is home to a number of well-preserved Greek ruins, including the Temple of Apollo, the Theater of Dionysus, and the Ear of Dionysus.
4. The town of Agrigento is home to the Valley of the Temples, which is a UNESCO World Heritage site. The temples, which were built between the 5th and 3rd centuries BC, are some of the best-preserved Greek temples in the world.
5. The island of Malta is home to a number of well-preserved medieval towns, including Mdina, Birgu, and Valletta.
You may also like to read: A Day in the Life of a Small Town in Italy
How to travel to Aidone, Italy?
The best way to reach Aidone, Italy is by road. The city is located just off of the A3 motorway, which connects it to the rest of Italy. If coming from the north, take the A3 southbound until you reach the exit for Aidone. If coming from the south, take the A3 northbound until you reach the exit for Aidone. Once you exit the motorway, follow the signs into the city center.
Aidone can also be reached by train. There is a train station located just outside of the city center. The best way to reach the train station is by taxi or by bus. There is a bus stop located just outside of the city center. The best way to reach the bus stop is by taxi.
If you are coming from an airport, the best airport to fly into is the Catania-Fontanarossa Airport, which is located just outside of Aidone.
Food choices available in Aidone, Italy:
There is a wide variety of food available in Aidone, Italy. Some of the most famous dishes include pasta, pizza, and gelato. There are also many seafood and meat dishes available, as well as a variety of fruits and vegetables. There is something for everyone in Aidone, Italy!
Must shop products in Aidone, Italy:
Aidone is a small town in central Sicily, Italy. It is famous for its market, which sells a variety of goods, including clothes, shoes, and accessories. The market is open every day from 8am to 8pm.
Nightlife in Aidone, Italy:
There is no denying that Aidone, Italy is a beautiful place to visit. With its rolling hills, picturesque villages and stunning scenery, it is easy to see why so many people flock to this region every year. However, what many visitors don’t realize is that Aidone is also a great place to enjoy nightlife. From lively bars and clubs to intimate restaurants and cafes, there is something for everyone in Aidone.
One of the most popular nightlife spots in Aidone is the Piazza del Duomo. This large square is home to a number of bars and clubs, as well as a number of restaurants. It is the perfect place to enjoy a night out with friends, as there is always something going on. If you are looking for a more laid-back atmosphere, there are also a number of cafes and bars located around the square.
Another popular nightlife spot in Aidone is Via Roma. This street is home to a number of bars, clubs and restaurants, as well as a number of shops. It is the perfect place to wander around and explore the different nightlife options that Aidone has to offer.
If you are looking for something a little more intimate, then you may want to head to
You may also like to read: A Day in Agliandroni-Paternella, Italy
All you need to know about weather
The weather in Aidone is typically Mediterranean, with mild, wet winters and hot, dry summers. The area is famous for its wines and olive oils, as well as its Roman ruins.
Planning to visit Aidone? Check suitable time of the year:
The best time to visit Aidone, Italy is in the summer when the weather is warm and sunny. The town is famous for its archaeological site, which includes the ruins of an ancient Greek temple.
Video extra for Aidone, Italy
References and Resources: