Serques is a commune in the Pas-de-Calais department in northern France. It is located 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) southwest of Calais.
The village was mentioned in 1067 as Sirques and in 1086 as Serques. In 1067, Serques belonged to the Abbey of Saint-Bertin. In 1086 it was held by Count Robert of Eu.
The church of St. Pierre & St. Paul, dating from the sixteenth century, contains a monument to Jean-Baptiste Dumonceau de Bergendal (1760-1831), a general of the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars.
The British comedian and actor Tony Hancock (1924-1968) died in a caravan at Serques while on a fishing holiday.
Top 5 places to visit near Serques
|1||Château de Serques||4.5||0.3 km|
|2||Maison des Gardians||4.7||2.4 km|
|3||Église Saint-Gervais||4.6||2.5 km|
|4||Grotte de Font-de-Gaume||4.8||3.1 km|
|5||Abbaye de Beaulieu-en-Rouergue||4.4||7.6 km|
1. Château de Serques: This beautiful castle is situated in the town of Serques in northern France. It was built in the 13th century and has been well-preserved. Visitors can explore the castle’s grounds and learn about its history.
2. Pas-de-Calais: This region is located just north of Serques and is home to many beautiful beaches and charming towns. Visitors can explore the area’s coastline, visit the towns of Calais and Boulogne-sur-Mer, and learn about the region’s World War II history.
3. Lille: This city is located just a short drive from Serques and is worth a visit for its beautiful architecture and lively atmosphere. Visitors can explore the city’s Old Town, visit its many museums, and enjoy its lively nightlife.
4. Dunkirk: This historic city is located a short drive from Serques and is worth a visit for its World War II history. Visitors can explore the city’s museums and memorials, and learn about the evacuation of Allied troops in 1940.
5. Belgium: This country is located just a short drive from Serques and is worth
You may also like to read: A Hidden Gem in Yssingeaux France
How to travel to Serques, France?
There are a few different ways that you can reach Serques, France. One way is by road. You would take the E15 motorway from Calais, France and then take the A26 motorway. This route will take you through the cities of Boulogne-sur-Mer and Saint-Omer. Another way to reach Serques is by train. You would take the Eurostar from London, England to Paris, France and then take the TGV train from Paris to Boulogne-sur-Mer. From Boulogne-sur-Mer, you would take a local train to Serques. The last way to reach Serques is by air. You would take a flight from London, England to Paris, France and then take a connecting flight to Boulogne-sur-Mer. From Boulogne-sur-Mer, you would take a taxi or bus to Serques.
Food choices available in Serques, France:
There is a wide variety of food available in Serques, France. Some of the more popular dishes include Cassoulet (a dish made with beans and meat), Tarte Tatin (a type of upside-down apple pie), and Quiche (a egg and cheese pie). There are also many different types of bread available, as well as a variety of cheeses. In addition, there are numerous cafes and restaurants where you can get a good meal.
Must shop products in Serques, France:
Serques is a town located in the north of France, near the border with Belgium. The town is famous for its many shops and boutiques, as well as its lively market square. There is a wide range of shops available in Serques, from clothes and footwear to food and drink. There are also a number of art galleries and museums located in the town.
Nightlife in Serques, France:
The nightlife in Serques, France is world-renowned for its vibrant and exciting atmosphere. There are many bars and nightclubs to choose from, so you can always find the perfect place to suit your mood. Whether you want to dance the night away or simply enjoy a few drinks with friends, there is something for everyone in Serques. The city is also home to a number of famous nightclubs, such as Le Boudoir and La Suite, which are definitely worth a visit.
You may also like to read: Thil France: A History of the Town and Its People
All you need to know about weather
The weather in Serques, France is typically mild with some occasional showers. The average temperature is around 18 degrees Celsius. The region is famous for its picturesque villages, rolling hills and vineyards.
Planning to visit Serques? Check suitable time of the year:
The best time to visit Serques, France is in the summer when the weather is warm and sunny. The town is famous for its beautiful architecture, stunning scenery, and delicious food. There are plenty of activities to keep visitors busy, including hiking, biking, and kayaking.
Video extra for Serques, France
References and Resources: