Altare is a small town in the northwestern Italian region of Liguria. It is located in the province of Savona, about 30 kilometers from the city of Genoa. The town has a population of just over 3,000 people.
Altare is best known for its production of olive oil. The town has been producing olive oil since the Middle Ages, and it is still an important part of the local economy. The town also produces wine, and there are several wineries in the area.
The town is situated in a beautiful location, surrounded by mountains and forests. There are several hiking trails in the area, and the town is also a popular destination for rock climbers.
Top 5 places to visit near Altare
|1.||Cattedrale di Santa Maria Assunta||4.5||0.2 km|
|2.||Palazzo Civico||4.6||0.3 km|
|3.||Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista||4.7||0.4 km|
|4.||Chiesa di San Pietro Apostolo||4.8||0.5 km|
|5.||Museo Civico d’Arte Sacra||4.9||0.6 km|
1. The Oratory of St. Lawrence: This beautiful Oratory is located in the town of Altare and was built in the 16th century. It is decorated with paintings and sculptures by some of the most famous artists of the time, and is a must-see for any art lover.
2. The Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta: The Cathedral is the largest church in Altare and dates back to the 12th century. It is a beautiful example of Romanesque architecture and is well worth a visit.
3. The Church of San Michele Arcangelo: This church is located in the town of Albenga and is one of the most important historical landmarks in the area. It dates back to the 9th century and is a beautiful example of early Christian architecture.
4. The Abbey of San Pietro in Oliveto: The Abbey is located in the town of Oliveto Lario and was founded in the 11th century. It is a beautiful example of Romanesque architecture and is well worth a visit.
5. The Church of San Francesco: This church is located in the town of Salerno and is one of the most important historical landmarks in the area. It dates back to the 13th
You may also like to read: Alba Adriatica: A Hidden Gem on the Adriatic Coast
How to travel to Altare, Italy?
To reach Altare by road, take the A10 motorway from Genoa and exit at Savona. From there, follow the SS1 road towards Albenga. Altare is located just off of this road, about 10 kilometers from Savona.
The closest train station to Altare is in Savona. From there, you can take a regional train on the Genoa-Savona line towards Albenga. Altare is located just a few kilometers from the Albenga train station.
The closest airport to Altare is Genoa Airport (GOA), located about 60 kilometers away. From there, you can take a bus or train to Savona and then follow the directions above to reach Altare by road or train.
Food choices available in Altare, Italy:
The food in Altare, Italy is typically Mediterranean, with a focus on fresh, local ingredients. The area is known for its olive oil, seafood, and tomatoes. There are a number of excellent restaurants in the area, as well as a number of smaller, more casual eateries. The food is generally very good, and reasonably priced. There are also a number of excellent bakeries and gelaterias in the area, which are definitely worth a visit.
Must shop products in Altare, Italy:
There are many types of shopping available in Altare, Italy. Some of the most popular shops are those that sell clothing, shoes, and accessories. There are also many stores that sell local food and wine. Altare is also famous for its many art galleries and museums.
Nightlife in Altare, Italy:
The nightlife in Altare is world-renowned for its vibrancy and energy. From world-class nightclubs to intimate bars and pubs, there is something for everyone in Altare. The most famous nightlife spot in Altare is the Piazza San Marco, which is lined with bars, clubs, and restaurants. Other popular nightlife spots include the Via dei Mille, the Via XX Settembre, and the Via Dante.
You may also like to read: Alserio: A Hidden Gem in Italy
All you need to know about weather
The weather in Altare, Italy is moderate with cool winters and warm summers. The average temperature in summer is around 25 degrees Celsius (77 degrees Fahrenheit), and in winter it is around 10 degrees Celsius (50 degrees Fahrenheit). Altare is located in the northwestern part of Italy, so it experiences a Mediterranean climate. The area is known for its production of olive oil, wine, and vegetables.
Planning to visit Altare? Check suitable time of the year:
The best time to visit Altare, Italy is in the spring or fall. The weather is mild and the crowds are smaller. The fall is also a good time to visit because of the grape harvest. Altare is famous for its wines, so be sure to try some while you’re there!
Video extra for Altare, Italy
References and Resources: