Pluméliau is a commune in the Morbihan department of Brittany in north-western France. It is notable for being the capital of the canton of Pluméliau, which is one of the five cantons of the Morbihan arrondissement. The town is located on the river Oust, which flows into the Gulf of Morbihan.
The town was founded in the 6th century by Saint Pol de Léon, who established a monastery there. In the 9th century, the town was sacked by the Vikings. In the 10th century it was rebuilt and became the seat of a bishopric. The town was plundered again by the Vikings in 1027. In 1066, the town was given to Alan Rufus by William the Conqueror.
The town was the site of a battle in 1164 between Henry II of England and Conan IV, Duke of Brittany. The town was captured by the English in 1203. In 1224, it was recaptured by the French. In 1337, the town was besieged by the English. In 1403, the town was captured by the Welsh.
The town has a medieval castle, which was
Top 5 places to visit near Pluméliau
1. Château de Josselin: This imposing castle is located in the town of Josselin and dates back to the 11th century. It has been extensively renovated over the years and is now open to the public. Visitors can explore the castle’s many rooms and learn about its history.
2. Le Puy du Fou: This theme park is located in the town of Les Epesses and is one of the most popular attractions in the area. The park is home to a variety of shows and attractions, all of which are based on historical themes. Visitors can also explore the park’s many shops and restaurants.
3. Nantes Cathedral: This Gothic cathedral is located in the city of Nantes and dates back to the 13th century. It is one of the most important religious buildings in the area and is definitely worth a visit.
4. La Rochelle: This picturesque port city is located on the Bay of Biscay and is a popular tourist destination. Visitors can explore the city’s many shops and restaurants, or take a boat ride out to the nearby islands.
5. Angers: This city is located in the Loire Valley and is home to a
You may also like to read: Sélestat, France: A hidden gem in the Alsace region
How to travel to Pluméliau, France?
There are a few different ways that you can reach Pluméliau, France. One way is by road. You would need to take the E50 and E60 highways to get there. Another way is by train. You would need to take the TGV to Rennes and then change to a regional train to Pluméliau. The last way is by air. You would need to fly into the Rennes Airport and then take a bus or taxi to Pluméliau.
Food choices available in Pluméliau, France:
There is a wide variety of food available in Pluméliau, France. The town is famous for its fresh seafood, which can be found in many of the restaurants. There is also a variety of traditional French cuisine, as well as international dishes. In addition to restaurants, there are also a number of cafes and bakeries where you can find a variety of pastries and other snacks.
Must shop products in Pluméliau, France:
There are a variety of shopping options available in Pluméliau, France. There are several supermarkets where you can purchase groceries and other household items. There are also a number of clothing stores, as well as shops selling local handicrafts and souvenirs.
The city is also home to a number of markets, which are a great place to find fresh produce, meats, and cheeses. The Saturday market is particularly popular and is a great place to mingle with locals and get a taste of the city’s vibrant atmosphere.
Nightlife in Pluméliau, France:
There is no shortage of things to do in Pluméliau, France at night. The city is home to a variety of bars, clubs, and restaurants that are sure to keep you entertained well into the night. Whether you’re looking for a place to have a few drinks with friends or you’re looking to dance the night away, Pluméliau has something for everyone.
One of the most popular nightlife spots in Pluméliau is the nightclub La Suite. This club is known for its great music and its even better atmosphere. If you’re looking to let loose and have a good time, La Suite is the place to be.
Another popular nightlife spot in Pluméliau is the bar Le Coq Hardi. This bar is known for its great selection of beers and its lively atmosphere. If you’re looking for a place to relax and have a few drinks, Le Coq Hardi is the perfect spot.
No matter what your plans are for the night, Pluméliau has a nightlife spot that will suit your needs. So, go out and enjoy yourself!
You may also like to read: Vaux-sur-Mer: A Hidden Gem on the French Riviera
All you need to know about weather
The weather in Pluméliau is mild and sunny for most of the year. The average temperature in the summer is around 25 degrees Celsius, and in the winter it is around 10 degrees Celsius. The town is famous for its annual music festival, which takes place in the summer.
Planning to visit Pluméliau? Check suitable time of the year:
The best time to visit Pluméliau, France is in the summer. The weather is warm and the days are long, so you can enjoy all the activities that the town has to offer. The town is famous for its annual festival, which takes place in July.
Video extra for Pluméliau, France
References and Resources: